Mitsubishi Electric Power Products
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Client: O’Neal Constructors, Inc.
Owner: Mitsubishi Electric Power Products
Services: Environmental, Geotechnical, Drilling, Water Resource Management, Construction Materials Testing
Mitsubishi’s new Electric Power Products manufacturing facility and connecting rail line is on an approximately 150-acre undeveloped site in south Memphis.
The $207 million electric transformer manufacturing facility had an aggressive due diligence schedule and Geotechnology’s pre-construction services and exceeded the accelerated schedule.
The project broke ground in the summer of 2011 and is scheduled for completion in 2012.
- Environmental site assessment
- Preliminary and final design of geotechnical subsurface exploration
- Wetlands/Waters of the United States delineation, including state and federal permitting assistance for proposed wetlands impacts
- Construction materials testing (CMT) and non-destructive testing (NDT) services
- Pile testing program: high-strain dynamic pile testing of 14-inch, precast, prestressed concrete pile and HP 14×73 piles, including static load testing