Geotechnical & Construction Materials Testing Project Overview:
We were tasked with geotechnical investigation, a site-specific seismic study, reviewing retaining wall design and construction-phase testing for 1.1 miles of road reconstruction.
Details of the Walnut Grove Road Modifications and Improvements:
We* performed the geotechnical investigation for the $36 million road modification project extending from I-240 to Wolf River. The project featured road improvements including the addition of three new lanes in each direction and two new bridges, including one single point interchange.
During the geotechnical investigation phase, the team’s responsibilities included:
The team continued participation with construction testing services, including:
- Review of the reinforced earth retaining wall design
- Performing compaction (field density) tests in the field
- Sampling and testing concrete
- Performing various construction-related laboratory tests
- Attending weekly meetings and performing general geotechnical-related duties
*This project was performed by Hall, Blake & Associates, Inc. – A Division of Geotechnology, now the team in the Memphis branch office of Geotechnology, Inc.