As a part of Charter Communications, Inc. commitment to expansion and improvement of its nationwide network of communication services Geotechnology provided all pre-construction environmental/geotechnical services for the design and construction of new cable headend facilities, primary and secondary hubs, and communications towers. The multi-year plan included numerous projects on more than 400 sites in over 25 states.
Geotechnology managed these services by utilizing our professional staff and in-house fleet of drilling equipment and in geographical areas where it was more cost-effective, some of the field work was subcontracted to a network of firms that are members of the Association of Firms Practicing in the Geosciences, formerly the American Society of Foundation Engineers (ASFE).
Specific tasks included:
- Performing Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments.
- Performing geotechnical drilling, laboratory testing and engineering analyses.
- Performing asbestos sampling and reporting services.
- Performing remedial soil excavation and Underground Storage Tank (UST) closure services
- Managing and coordinating subcontracted environmental and geotechnical services
- Providing consulting services for risk management on environmental issues.