Detailed Site Investigation for Utility Waste Landfill
Geotechnology was selected by the client/owner to conduct a Detailed Site Investigation (DSI) for a proposed 142-acre utility waste landfill. Since completion of the project, Missouri Department of Natural Resources (MDNR) has approved the DSI.
Aspects of this project included:
- Preparation of an MDNR-approved DSI Work Plan
- Participation in a public meeting to address concerns by area residents
- Installation of piezometers in alluvial and glacial soils
- Continuous soil and rock sampling
- Preparation of a comprehensive DSI report
- Evaluation of an acceptable groundwater monitoring approach
- Recommendations for engineering and design based on the DSI
- Negotiations with the MDNR-Division of Geology and Land Survey
- Hollow stem auger drilling and rock coring were performed as part of the DSI services.