TDOT State Routes 76 & 20
Owner/Client: Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT)
Location: Tipton County, Tenneessee
Services: Construction Materials Testing
TDOT selected Geotechnology to handle Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) of the four-mile project on State Route 76 from State Route 43 (US-45E) in Milan to near the Carroll County Line in Tipton, TN, as well as the three-mile project running from the Henderson County Line to Bear Creek Road in Decatur County (State Route 20).
Geotechnology has the following construction-related duties:
- Review of the reinforced earth retaining wall design.
- Performing compaction (field density) tests in the field.
- Sampling and testing concrete.
- Performing various construction-related laboratory tests.
- Attending weekly meetings and performing general geotechnical-related duties.
- Concrete and asphalt plant inspection.